CALL FOR PAPERS
IEEE ISMAR 2017 Workshop on Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality for Creative Industries
October 13th, 2017 in Nantes, France
We are pleased to announce the IEEE ISMAR Workshop on Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality for Creative Industries. The workshop will take place in Nantes on October 13th, 2017. It is organized in cooperation with the West Creative Industries cluster for Education and Innovation in Pays de la Loire.
The recent development of new and low-cost VR/AR technologies have pushed many creative companies, artists and designers to create new VR and AR experiences, exploring new interactions, new creative content and new environments. The production of these new VR and AR experiences tackle both technical, human and creative aspects. It is, thus, time to mix creative and technological viewpoints to share common understandings and lessons to provide better experiences for the final users. In this context, the workshop aims to foster participation of artists and designers as humanities scientists (philosophy, literature, etc.) to meet up with usual ISMAR attendance.
Topics of interest
Include, but are not limited to:
* Innovative interaction design with VR/AR systems
* User feedback and Quality of Experience assessment for VR/AR content creation
* Quality of Experience as an artistic intention in VR/AR
* Usage of VR/AR technologies in art performances and design
* Narrative studies/Storytelling in VR/AR
* Create in/with VR/AR, VR/AR platforms/tools to support design and art creation
* Theoretical issues in VR/AR: philosophical, aesthetic or sociological aspects (relationship to reality, “bubble effect”, etc.).
Authors are invited to submit original and unpublished research and application papers addressing all areas of the workshop.
All papers should be 2-8 pages long, submitted in PDF format and formatted using the ISMAR 2017 paper template available from https://ismar2017.sciencesconf.org/resource/page/id/19.
Submitted papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published on IEEE Xplore as ISMAR 2017 adjunct Proceeding.
Deadline Workshop Papers: July 3rd, 2017
Notification Workshop Papers: August 7th, 2017
Workshop Papers Camera Ready Deadline: August 28th, 2017
Jacques Gilbert Université de Nantes, L’AMo, France
Carola Moujan Ecole Supérieure des Beaux-Arts Tours Angers Le Mans, France
Toinon Vigier Université de Nantes, LS2N, France
For more information, you can also contact email@example.com