TUTA BIKING Afternoon 2021
TUTA MEET-UP & BIKING AFTERNOON Monday, August 30
We welcome close to 50 TUTAnians for the Tour the Laajalahti (approx. 14 km, some tarmac road, some gravel paths, suitable for most bikes) on Monday August 30th..
Bikers are divided into two starting groups of 18-20 bikers (further divided into smaller groups on site). The first groups of bikers start at 12:00 and the second one at 14:15 – you will each have 1 h 45 min to tour the Laajalahti Bay area, including a coffee break. In between, at 13:45-14:15, we will meet at the TUAS parking and have a chance to say hi and share department information. Check your biking group at the bottom of this page!
11:50 Short info for those who use rental e-bikes in the first wave!
12:00-13:45 Bikers in the first starting group tour the Laajalahti Bay with a coffee break at Kalastajatorppa Tennisklubi
13:45-14:15 Meet-up & Department info for all of us together at the TUAS parking area – The TUTA Coffee Room Zoom session will be open from 14:00, you can join here https://aalto.zoom.us/j/64071007551
14:15-16:00 Bikers in the second starting group tour the Laajalahti Bay with a coffee break at Kalastajatorppa Tennisklubi
Our experienced tour guides will ensure the safety of all cyclists and make sure everyone stays on the track:
Tour guides in the first starting group at 12:00-13:45
Tour guides in the second starting group 14:15-16:00
The approximate route is available as a Google Maps link:
- Arrive on time and preferably stay with your group!
- Dress according to the weather – at the moment the weather forecast for Monday is favoring us.
- The coffee break is served at Kalastajatorppa Tennisklubi and includes a sandwich & cake and coffee/tea/water. You will find an exclusive TUTA buffet inside the cafeteria between 12:30 and 16:00. There are nice tables outdoor, blankets, if needed.
- If you have booked a rental bike (check below names with orange color) you will get some info on how the e-bike works at 11:50, if you are in the first starting group. Helmets are included. All rental e-bikes have to be returned at the TUAS P-area by 13:45 respectively 16:00.
- All participants (onsite and online) will receive a surprise gift.
Orange color indicates that you have booked a rental e-bike.
|BIKERS IN THE FIRST WAVE STARTING AT 12:00-13:45||BIKERS IN THE SECOND WAVE STARTING AT 14:15-16:00|
|Group I lead by Aracely||Group IV lead by Aracely|
|David||Group V lead by Jaakko S.|
|Group III lead by Risto S.||Group VI lead by Lauri S.|
Jukka, Frank, Timo (tentative)
Stina, Ruth, Henni
|Remote participants are welcome to join via Zoom at 14:00 via the
TUTA Coffee Room link:
We follow the university’s coronavirus instructions to make this event as safe as possible. As a participant, you can help us to achieve this goal by taking part only COVID-19 symptom-free, keeping the safety distances and following the hand hygiene instructions.
Please contact Mary-Ann, should you have any questions or in case of last minute cancellation: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 050 3054767.