WHAT? RUSKA VI
WHEN? Tuesday October 25, 2022 from 8:15 to 16:45
WHERE? Art Factory, Porvoo
WHO? All members of TUTA Staff, Faculty & Researchers, Professors, Post docs and Docents, Doctoral researchers and AVP staffSIGN UP by Tuesday 18 October or contact Mary-Ann!
Please take a moment and give feedback here: https://link.webropol.com/s/ruska22feedbac
RUSKA PICS AND PRESENTATIONS NOW AVAILABLE
You will find pictures and the presentations from the morning in this dropbox folder. Tomasz inspiring material is available here https://blogs.aalto.fi/toolbox/
- Welcome & TUTA update | Markku Maula & Risto Rajala
- Sustainable ways of thinking in an imperfect world | Tua Videman, Lauri Järvilehto & Riikka Kaipia
- Machine learning complementing us in our research | Tomasz Mucha
POST-RUSKA Meet your TUTA Colleagues for Lunch!
To follow up on the inclusiveness theme from previous RUSKA events, we encourage you to participate the Post-Ruska initiative, “Have Lunch with your Colleagues”. Fourteen groups of three (3) were randomly drawn at RUSKA – now all those TUTA employees, who didn’t attend RUSKA are welcome to sign up for the second random drawing of lunch groups. The drawing will be made on Thursday morning on November 10. Sign up before that here https://link.webropol.com/s/TUTAlunchcampaign
Welcome to the sixth RUSKA day on Tuesday 25 October. This year we will visit the inspiring Art Factory in Porvoo. In the morning will focus on the intersections of sustainability and our work at TUTA. We will also cover the timely topic of machine learning supporting us in research and teaching.
During the day, ideas and thoughts can also be exchanged over breakfast, lunch, and naturally during the afternoon recreational activities. Don’t miss this contemporary walking tour of old and charming Porvoo full of surprises!
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFORMATION
- 8:15 A private bus departs from the parking lot between TUAS and Open Innovation House (entrance to parking lot by traffic lights > parking lot behind TUAS)
- 15:45 Bus departing from Porvoo Art Factory at 15:45 and arriving at TUAS in Otaniemi approx. 16:45.
- If you chose to arrive by car, please note that there is a parking fee, if you park adjacent to the Art Factory > read more here https://www.taidetehdas.fi/en/info/arriving-to-the-art-factory/
- Please, bring your laptop as we will do a small excercise that requires computers in the morning.
- Dress WARM & wear good water proof shoes as we will spend 1,5 hours outdoors in the afternoon! We will walk around the Porvoo old city centre, do some stops and solve some quizzes! Check the weather here.
- Breakfast is served in the restaurant on the ground floor upon arrival. Our meeting room with coat racks is in the second floor and the doors will be locked when we go for lunch and for our Porvoo walk.
Agenda RUSKA Research Day 2022
8:15 A private bus departs from TUAS to the Art Factory, Porvoo
9:15 Arrival at the Art Factory & A good morning breakfast
9:45 Welcome & TUTA update
10:20 Sustainable ways of thinking in an imperfect world
11:30 Machine learning complementing us in our research
12:30 Buffet lunch (Art Factory)
13:30 Gamified exploring of Porvoo old town
15:15 Coffee (Art Factory)
15:45 Bus departing from the Art Factory (back in Otaniemi approx. 16:45)
RUSKA Research day is a yearly event that takes place during the fall semester. The research day is part of TUTA’s long-term target to energize and advance the TUTA research community, its efforts, vision, and its research and societal impact.