(This is the webpage of the event and the most up-to-date source of information, to contain links to programme, registration, blog posts, etc.)
Date and time: Friday 29.11.2019, 12-17
Location: Ke1, Kemistintie 1, Espoo, Finland. Aalto campus map here.
Registration: Free but required, registration link here. Registration DL depends on participation type: with oral presentations, DL 13.11.; with posters only, DL 25.11. Also participants without presentation are requested to register latest on 25.11. to ensure sufficient catering.
Programme: Programme as of 29.11.2019. Invited speaker: Prof. Ruud Van Ommen: abstract, biography.
Rationale: At Aalto University, many research group’s activities have a connection to atomic layer deposition (ALD). The aim of November Networking – ALD at Aalto University is to provide a time and place where people with interest in ALD can meet each other and get better networked. All research groups working at Aalto with some connection to ALD are invited to introduce themselves in short presentations – what are the group’s capabilities, interesting recent results, and maybe challenges, too? Groups working with ALD outside Aalto University are likewise welcome to introduce themselves. Additionally, individual researchers (doctoral students, postdocs, …) can present their activities in a poster, with an optional 2-min oral poster pitch. Companies with ALD activities in Finland are also invited, and we will have an invited guest speaker from abroad.
The aim is to organize for the speakers a possibility to have one’s talk recorded with the Panopto lecture capture system used at Aalto University.
Responsible Organizer: Prof. Riikka Puurunen (Associate Professor, tenure track, Catalysis Science and Technology), Aalto CHEM/CMET, and Catalysis research group. Event is supported by Aalto Materials Platform.
- Panopto records: https://blogs.aalto.fi/catprofopen/2019/12/12/panopto-records-november-networking-ald-at-aalto-university/
- Event webpage: https://blogs.aalto.fi/catprofopen/ald-networking-nov-2019/ (this site)
- Direct registration link: https://link.webropolsurveys.com/S/13250A53DDFF0ED7
- Twitter hashtag: #NovemberNetworkingALD.
- Aalto University event page: https://www.aalto.fi/en/events/november-networking-ald-at-aalto-university (should eventually link to this webpage, as updates are made here…)
Related posts in Catalysis Professor’s Open blog:
- https://blogs.aalto.fi/catprofopen/2019/11/07/copy-of-email-sent-within-aalto-chem/ (related to posters at November Networking – ALD at Aalto University)
Image: adapted from Cremers et al., Applied Physics Reviews 6, 021302 (2019); https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5060967 (CC BY 4.0)