November Networking – ALD at Aalto University
Event in a nutshell:
- When? Friday, November 29, 2019, at 12-17
- Where? Aalto University, School of Chemical Engineering, Kemistintie 1, Espoo, lecture hall Ke1 and the downstairs lobby
- Who? ALD-active/interested persons in and outside Aalto University. We expect ca. 40-100 participants
- What? Short introduction to ALD, international guest speaker, 10+ introductions of ALD-active groups, scientific posters and related 2-min pitch talks, company presentations. Coffee and networking
- How? Compactly! We have one afternoon reserved with many talks planned, meaning that we need to design the programme so that the individual talks are short and networking time is sufficient. For the speakers, we will offer the possibility that we (try to) capture their lecture with Panopto for (optional) later sharing. Example of a Panopto lecture capture here
- How much does it cost? Event is free to attend; registration is recommended
- International guest speaker: Prof. Ruud van Ommen, TU Delft, Netherlands
- Group presentations by 10+ groups. Currently plan (alphabetical order): Dr. Miguel Caro, Prof. Sami Franssila, Prof. Tanja Kallio, Prof. Maarit Karppinen, Prof. Antti Karttunen, Prof. Jari Koskinen, Prof. Kari Laasonen, Prof. Riikka Puurunen, Prof. Robin Ras, Prof. Mikko Ritala & Prof. Matti Putkonen, Prof. Timo Sajavaara, Prof. Hele Savin, Prof. Ville Vuorinen, M.Sc. Oili Ylivaara; from Aalto University, University of Helsinki and University of Jyväskylä. More are still welcome
- Doctoral students, postdocs and other scientists from Aalto University and beyond are invited to bring posters (new or recent recycled) and to give related 2-min pitch talks
- Company presentations by ASM, Beneq and Picosun (companies active with ALD in Finland and globally)
- Short introduction to atomic layer deposition (ALD) by Prof. Riikka Puurunen
- Welcome address by the Dean of Aalto University, School of Chemical Engineering, Kristiina Kruus
Event is open for all interested to attend. Those wishing to present, need to register in advance. Registration link will be made available later; prepare to share your title and comment whether you wish a Panopto recording for your presentation (you can decide afterwards, whether the captured record can be shared or not). Registration is recommended also for participants without presentation. More information, including a link to registration, will appear later in Catalysis Professor’s Open blog; this is a mere save-the-date announcement with taste of the programme.
Organization by Prof. Riikka Puurunen (associate professor, Catalysis Science and Technology) and members of the Catalysis research group. Possible questions can be sent to our group email: catalysis (at) aalto.fi. Welcome!