Email sent to 63 registered participants.
From: Puurunen Riikka <>
Sent: torstai 28. marraskuuta 2019 13.17
To: Catalysis <>
Cc: Puurunen Riikka <>
Subject: Welcome to November Networking – ALD at Aalto University! Note: We will start at 12:00
Thank you for registering at November Networking – ALD at Aalto University, 29.11.2019! We have 63 registered participants. It will be a nice mix of past, present and future at the event, both related to the contents and the people present. Also good to know about tommorrow: it will be 45 years since the filing of the first Atomic Layer Epitaxy patent on 29.11.1974 (FIN 52359), and the (still rather rudimentary) Aalto ALD OpenLearning site will open up at https://openlearning.aalto.fi/.
The latest version of the programme of 29.11.2019 is available via the webpage https://blogs.aalto.fi/catprofopen/ald-networking-nov-2019/. The version of 27.11. is accessible here. We are looking forward to an interesting programme, consisting of:
- Invited talk by Prof. Ruud van Ommen (abstract, biography),
- 33 short presentations, and
- ~21 posters (including a re-show of the FinALD40 exhibition?)
To fit all presentations in five hours is a challence – but we can tackle it! Schedule is tight and to be able to keep it, we ask that:
- We will start at 12:00 – arrive on time!
- Speakers: please (i) provide the presentations in advance (please see instructions below)
- Speakers: please (ii) respect the given limit (we remind, if necessary).
- Participants save questions for the coffee break
A reminder: Some may present unpublished contents in their talks and posters, we ask not to take/share photographs of the presentations without permission of the presenter.
I am looking forward to a very intersting event tommorrow! As a reminder: the event is open and people are welcome to join the event also without registration (maybe without coffee, though).
Riikka Puurunen, responsible organizer
Riikka Puurunen, Associate professor, Catalysis Science and Technology
Aalto University, School of Chemical Engineering, Department of Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering
Visiting address: Kemistintie 1, 02150 Espoo, Finland, room: E412
Mail address: P.O. Box 16100, FI-00076 AALTO, Finland
Tel: +358 50 337 8161, email: <>, LinkedIn, @rlpuu, @AaltoCatalysis, ORCID:0000-0001-8722-4864
Receiving presentation files powerpoint or pdf (does not concern 2-min pitches as they are already received)
- By email to catalysis @ aalto.fi, latest during Thursday 28.11.2019 – some already did, thanks!
- Transfer via USB stick: (i) at 11:30-11:45 at the main entrance of Aalto CHEM there is an organizer with computer to receive the talks, and (ii) for late-comers at 12:00-12:30 at the back of Ke1. Would you arrive during the break of 14-15, you provide your presentation during 14:45-15:00 at the back of Ke1.