Visit the Society homepage
Bioelectromagnetism is a discipline that examines the electric, electromagnetic, and magnetic phenomena which arise in biological tissues. These phenomena include:
- The behavior of excitable tissue (the sources)
- The electric currents and potentials in the volume conductor
- The magnetic field at and beyond the body
- The response of excitable cells to electric and magnetic field stimulation
- The intrinsic electric and magnetic properties of the tissue.
The Purpose of the Society
The International Society for Bioelectromagnetism was established in 1996. The purpose of the Society is to promote the advancement of the science of Bioelectromagnetism and in furtherance thereof:
- To facilitate the dissemination of new knowledge in bioelectromagnetism
- To encourage new research in bioelectromagnetism
- To sponsor International Congresses on Bioelectromagnetism
- To assist with satellite meetings related to bioelectromagnetism
by promoting meetings, lectures, discussions, seminars, conferences and by any other appropriate means.
International Journal of Bioelectromagnetism, IJBEM
The Society established in 1999 the International Journal of Bioelectromagnetism, IJBEM. It is a peer-reviewed scientific journal in the field of bioelectromagnetism. It is available on the Internet free of charge to all persons interested. A printed version of the Journal is also available.
International Congresses on Bioelectromagnetism, ICBEM
The Society sponsors the organizing of International Congresses on Bioelectromagnetism.
Full list of the conferences may be found from the links.
Membership of the Society is open to all interested persons either technically, medically or scientifically qualified in Bioelectromagnetism. Students are, of course, wery welcome as well.
The membership benefits include eg. considerable discount in the registration fee to ICBEM conferences.
Publishing without publication fee in the IJBEM. Non-members pay 250 Euro per article.
How to join the ISBEM
You may apply membership to the ISBEM by sending the membership form to the Secretary General. – The regular annual membership fee of the Society is 50 Euro. – Student members, Senior citizens, and Honorary members do not pay any fee. – The supporting members pay 250 or 500 Euro. – The life time membership fee is 10x the regular membership fee.