PLEASE SEE THE AALTO UNIVERSITY EVENT FOR LATEST UPDATES:
When? Fri 26.11.2021 starting at 13 (continuing until 19?)
Where? Event will be held at Aalto CHEM, Kemistintie 1, Espoo and online in Zoom at https://aalto.zoom.us/j/68826769819 (password to be sent to registered participants via email a few days before the event)
Programme? Lectures, posters, networking
Registration now open! Webropol registration link: https://link.webropol.com/s/2021novembernetworkingald
Registration DLs – different according to type of participation
- Local participation with posters: Sun 14.11.2021. The number of posters may need to be limited; “first come, first serve”.
- Local in-person participation: Mon 22.11.2021. The number of participants may need to be limited; “first come, first serve”.
- Zoom participation: Wed 24.11.2021. The number of participants might need to be limited (but likely not); if limiting is needed, “first come, first serve”.
Lectures (can be followed in Zoom; purpose is to make records available via the ALD OpenLearning site later):
- Brief introduction to ALD by Prof. Puurunen, Aalto University
- Invited guest talks
Prof. Seán Barry, Carleton University: “Surface reactions: how do they work?”
Prof. Anatolii Malygin, St. Petersburg State Institute of Technology: “Molecular layering method – from the 20th to the 21st century”
Prof. J. Ruud van Ommen, TU Delft: “An ALD chapter in Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology: both for beginners and experts”
- Update of the Virtual Project on the History of ALD (VPHA) by Prof. Puurunen, Aalto University
Posters by local ALD research (not in Zoom) (“local” may be broadly interpreted).
Organizing committee: Prof. Riikka Puurunen (chairperson), Dr. Aitor Arandia Gutierrez, Dr. Jorge Velasco, M.Sc. Jihong Yim. All from Aalto University, School of Chemical Engineering, Department of Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering, Catalysis research group.
List of posts in Catalysis Professor’s Open blog, related to the event: