Difference between staff and personnel in University
1. staff – the body of teachers and administrators at a school; “the dean addressed the letter to the entire staff of the university“. (Social Science / Education) the body of teachers or lecturers of an educational institution, as distinct from the students. a Group of people employed in running a business, school etc. “The school has a large teaching staff; The staff are annoyed about the changes“.
ALL (part-timers teachers, scholar shippers, peoples with stipends, visitor professors etc.).
2. personnel – The body of persons employed by or active in an organization, business, or service. Organisation – a group of people who work together.
1. Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2008 Princeton University
1. Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
2. The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
2. Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2008 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.