Aalto Game Audio Review: Game Sound Symposium
Call for presentations
Are you interested in sound? Aalto University and the Finnish Game Audio Network are organizing a tightly packed one-day Game Audio symposium on Friday May 20th 2011. The event will take place in Helsinki, Aalto School of Art and Design, LUME facilities.
The Game Audio Symposium is open to both industry and academic personnel. Please consider presenting at the symposium – it is a great opportunity to showcase your work and get in contact with the industry!
The day will feature individual presentations and/or panel discussions by Aalto staff and audio practitioners working in the game industry. All presentation proposals relating to audio and gaming will be considered. Here are some possible topics that come to mind:
* position statements on research methods, philosophy or style
* preliminary findings, working papers, late-breaking results
* design showcases (please encourage your students to show their work)
* research group presentations
* descriptions of new or innovative education programs or individual courses
Potential presenters are asked to send a short (200-800 word) abstract/position statement by Friday 29th of April to sami dot oksanen at aalto dot fi.
Looking forward to seeing you in May!
from behalf of AGAR Aalto Game Audio Review
Inger Ekman (at aalto.fi)
Cumhur Erkut (at aalto.fi)
Antti Ikonen (at aalto.fi)