Aalto Game Audio: Call for presentations
Are you interested in sound? Aalto University and the Finnish Game Audio Network are organizing a tightly packed one-day Game Audio symposium on Friday May 20th 2011. The event will take place in Helsinki, Aalto School of Art and Design, LUME facilities.
The Game Audio Symposium is open to both industry and academic personnel. Please consider presenting at the symposium – it is a great opportunity to showcase your work and get in contact with the industry!
The day will feature individual presentations and/or panel discussions by Aalto staff and audio practitioners working in the game industry. All presentation proposals relating to audio and gaming will be considered. Here are some possible topics that come to mind:
* position statements on research methods, philosophy or style
* preliminary findings, working papers, late-breaking results
* design showcases (please encourage your students to show their work)
* research group presentations
* descriptions of new or innovative education programs or individual courses
* design showcases, audio post mortems
* tricks, tips and challenges in achieving great game audio
* position statements on aesthetics and style
* game sound practice behind the scenes (work flow, scheduling, budget)
* the tools you use and the tools you would like to have
Looking forward to seeing you in May!