This weeks agenda was to come up with a number of potential topics and to chart each person’s interest and thoughts on the subject. The goal was to find interesting ideas and help us proceed in choosing our subject that we will continue to work on.
To do this we used three different tools for generating ideas:
- Standard brainstorming with free-flowing ideas we had thought of beforehand
- Brain-writing where we tried to build upon each others’ ideas.
- The six thinking hats method where we tried to improve and see the ideas we had already come up with from different angles.(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Thinking_Hats)
We feel we made good progress this week generating 6 solid ideas we can move on with and build upon. The brainstorming and brain-writing was where we had most success in finding interesting ideas.
The ideas are:
- Electricity grid (to Fortum?) [ethereum smart contracts]
- Supply chain- project (to NEM? Indepently?) [like Fishcoin]
- Enhancing current Databases using NEM technology (to NEM)
- Decentralized Marketplace buy/sell (ethereum smart contracts)
- Decentralized computing power (like Golem-poject)
- DNS (Domain name system)
After having these ideas we made an uncertainty horizon map that looks like this with corresponding numbers to ideas listed above:
Since all our ideas are based on the same blockchain technology they all land similarly on the x-axis point which represents known technology that is not yet widely implemented.
We decided we will each review the ideas, and going forward be able to discuss and vote which topic we will continue in this project – hopefully one that is interesting and understandable by every group member.
Might still edit this post with more information after our group meeting tomorrow (Friday 29.9)