Timetable: Online course: 26 May – 26 June 2017
At the completion of this course a doctoral candidate is able to:
- recognise and analyse key research ethical questions
- formulate ethical research plans and responses to ethical challenges by applying key ethical theories and approaches
- recognise and understand key ethical principles guiding research and how they apply to research work
- understand the Finnish Responsible Conduct of Research guidelines, processes for dealing with research misconduct, and processes for applying research license or ethical review
- identify rights and responsibilities as a researcher understand how ethical decisions and choices influence society and research community
Teacher: Dr Henriikka Mustajoki.
Mode of study
The course will be taught online (http://moodle.tsv.fi/). You will be sent an enrolment key to login. The course languages are English and Finnish (both languages are accessible on the same site). Most of the course is self-directed and allows for great flexibility with when and where it is done. However, assessments have strict deadlines.
Credits: 1 ECTS, please check the course description here.
Registration: Sign up here by 18 May! Open for doctoral candidates in all schools of Aalto University.
On questions regarding enrolment, you can contact Emma on email@example.com
On all other questions, you can contact Henriikka on firstname.lastname@example.org.