WHAT DO WE TEACH?
The SGT programme offers four courses on sustainability of technology, urbanization and development. Main focus is on sustainable technologies and urbanization in developing countries.
We offer four courses for Master’s and PhD students, which together form an optional 20 credits (ECTS) special C-module. The courses are directed to all students at Aalto University and through JOO agreement to students from other universities in Finland. Foreign exchange and degree students are especially encouraged to join.
OUR AIMS ARE TO
– give a holistic view to the state of the world
– emphasize the role of sustainability and technology in development
– introduce methods applicable into developing world context
– give guidance to intercultural communication
– give practical experiences from international and national projects
The programme is multidisciplinary in nature integrating different areas of technology (urban planning, community planning, surveying, construction and environmental technology, energy technology and information technologies) with social and economic aspects. Course language is English.